For the last four weeks of term 3 we have been learning about ‘How can we be Champions of Peace?’

Firstly we learnt about the different symbols of peace. Some of these are Lavender, dove, white poppy/roses, the CND and the had peace sign. These symbols represent peace because of their soothing scent, peace through God and resists us from war.

With these symbols in mind I created a Peace Artwork. My Peace Artwork represents peace because I drew a dove over a like with white poppies and roses and a one lavender over the dove.

We also researched some real life champions of peace and wrote a short biography. I wrote about Malala. I thought this person was a champion of peace because she was brave and stood up for what is right against those that were stronger than her.

We also created a peace prayer book where we had to find multiple peace prayers for different cultures and put it on a slide here it is. 

I enjoyed learning about peace because I never really knew what it was and it was a cool subject to learn about with all those people that showed peace in many ways.

I learnt that anyone can be a peacemaker as long as you can show people and lead the way for peace.

One way I plan on being a champion of peace is by showing leadership and by listening, having respect and showing good values. 

Is there a peacemaker that inspires or you look up to?